VMware New Grad - Academy Program - Association Solution Engineer in Thailand
Start Date: July 2021
Location: Thailand, Bangkok
Role Nature: Technical (Software)
Note: This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
Work Here. Transform Everywhere.
VMware software powers the world’s complex digital infrastructure. You may be thinking that VMware is a company that is all about virtualization; while we are still the market leaders in this platform with over 90% of corporate workload, VMware provides software that build, run, manage, connect and protect any app on any cloud and any device.
We have the journey for you!
You design your future, hone your skills as well as work for the best technology companies in the world. Under the leadership of the best CEO (voted by Glassdoor (https://www.glassdoor.com/about-us/top-ceos-in-2019/) ), the Academy Training program is designed to fast track our new graduate hires from training into successful careers in the Worldwide Sales and Services organization. We offer you in-depth training focused on our most exciting technologies, while growing your skills throughout the progression.
Insights to your role - Associate Solution Consultant
Are you interested in shaping the future of our customer’s technology strategy, architecture, and roadmap? Do you want to be make a difference?
In short, it is the person who has the responsibility of working with our clients/customers, to understand their business imperative and technical requirements, and then to build out innovative and differentiated solutions and architecture that will help these organizations drive business outcomes.
What does the job actually do?
In simple terms, the role of an associate solution consultant is to understand the business issues and needs of our customers, and the capabilities that VMware have, and facilitate a meeting of the two. You will initially work in partnership with an Account Executive who will handle the commercial and legal requirements, whilst you focus on becoming a trusted advisor with our key customers to earn their trust and deliver amazing results.
· Recently graduated with a minimum of a BSc in Engineering, or equivalent in one of the following field of study: Cyber Security, Information Systems, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering, or other technical areas of study
· The ability to work with clients/customers to uncover their core business drivers and determine how technology and digital transformation can meet these requirements (Solution Design).
· The ability to think outside the box or even ignore the box altogether, to come up with innovate solutions and outcomes.
· You will need to be comfortable in communicating well and in telling the stories and evangelising.
· Hungry to learn.
To be successful what other skills would you have?
In addition to the above there are some skills and abilities that would really help you be successful. These are:
· Passion - Passionate about technology and how it is changing the world for the better, be it cyber-security, Kubernetes container technology, cloud computing, application development platform and end-user computing.
· Developed an interest inone or two (or more) technology areas, , either through school project or individual interest, in areas such as Kubernetes container technology, networking, mobile application development, IoT and cloud computing.
· Creative Problem Solver – Creativity is an important part to the success of the role, you must enjoy difficult challenges and know how to think out-of-the-box to formulate the best outcome for the customer.
· Post-Sales – Provide limited post-sale support to key customers primarily to the project/implementation team to ensure a smooth transition. Also support one-to-many sales and marketing events on-site and remotely.
· Communication Skills – Being an excellent communicator with both business and technical people is an essential skill for the role, while working independently and participate in the sales processes.
· Passionate about customer success – helping customers to succeed and solving their problems is where you need to strive in, when customers are successful, we are successful, and you will do your utmost best in your capacity to help them realize their goals in the organization.
Things like our developer platforms on Kubernetes (in fact 2 of the three founders of Kubernetes now work for VMware!), capabilities like our digital workspace which is transforming organizations employee experience for some of the biggest companies in the world, leveraging intrinsic security to secure your applications and data, or our more cutting edge cloud management and virtual networking capabilities which is bringing the cloud into everyone’s private data centre.
You may also be surprised to learn that we are one of Amazon Web Services (AWS) biggest partners and are key development partners with the likes of Microsoft, Google and SAP. We work with over 4,000 other VMware Cloud partners from the very big to the boutique.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: New Graduate
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-01-07
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
- VMware Jobs