Randstad Sewing Machine Operator in Thomasville, North Carolina
Sewing Machine Operator
salary:$9 per hour
date posted:Friday, November 9, 2018
job type:Temp to Perm
Sewing Machine Operator
1) Turns knobs, screws, and dials to adjust settings of machine, according to garment style and observation of operation.
2) Guides garment or garment parts under machine needle and presser foot to sew parts together.
3) Sews replacement parts or missing stitches, according to repair tickets.
4) Replaces sewing machine parts and performs basic maintenance, such as oiling machine.
5) Draws markings or pins applique on fabric to obtain variation in design and marks stitching errors with pins or tape.
6) Bastes edges of material to align and temporarily secure garment parts for final assembly.
7) Selects supplies, such as fasteners and thread, according to specifications or characteristics of fabric.
8) Removes holding devices and finished item from machine.
Working hours: 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
9) Attaches tape, trim, or elastic to specified garments or garment parts, according to item specifications.
10) Folds or stretches edges or length of items, while sewing, to facilitate forming specified sections.
11) Attaches buttons or fasteners to fabric, using feeding hopper or clamp holder.
No Degree Required
12) Starts and operates or tends machines that automatically join, reinforce, or decorate material or fabricated articles.
13) Observes sewing machine operation to detect defects in stitching or machine malfunction, and notifies supervisor.
14) Records number of garment parts or complete garments sewn.
15) Inspects garments and examines repair tags and markings on garment to locate defects or damage.
16) Cuts material and threads, using scissors.
17) Positions material or article in clamps, template, or hoop frame prior to automatic operation of machine.
18) Replaces and rethreads needles.
19) Positions item under needle, using marks on machine, clamp or template, edges of cloth, or markings on cloth as guides.
20) Draws thread through guides, tensions, and needles and adjusts machine functions, according to fabric type.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.