Sutter Health Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst - Decision Support (Full Time - Days) in Sacramento, California
The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst (SBIA) provides strategic and operational support to Sutter Medical Foundation (SMF) and Sutter Health Affiliates on issues related to information reporting systems. TheSBIA is responsible for data mining, business intelligence (BI), and web development to generate reporting applications solutions to finance, provider compensation, provider trend, care center operations, enterprise level statistical measures, quality initiatives and medical group human resource tracking and SMF operations. The SBIA integrates data from complex and diverse database platforms including Finance (Lawson), Patient Financial Services and Managed Care Systems (IDX, MS4), Electronic Medical Record applications (EPIC), pharmacy, Human Resources (Lawson, Kronos). The SBIA develops business intelligence solutions to help business users and SMF management effectively utilize information by creating customized dynamic and interactive reports and analytics. The SBIA will also be responsible for translating business requirements into queries, models and BI applications to allow for insightful end-user data analytics and forecasting.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
BA/BS Degree in Statistics, Applied Statistics, Econometrics, Economics, Finance, Business, Management Information Systems, or Computer Science or related field is required. A master’s degree or PHD in any of the above fields of study is preferred.
5 or more years of working developing Business Intelligence solutions in an analytical business environment
5 or more years of Business Intelligence reporting using BI applications (Crystal Reports, Reporting Services, Business Objects, SAS etc.) is required
Familiar with financial modeling techniques, dashboard measurement development, and other financial performance measures
· Experience with Data Mining or Statistical Modeling is preferred
· Experience working in a healthcare environment is preferred.
· 5 or more years of experience developing queries for database applications (Access, DB2, MS SQL, Oracle etc) is required. The ability to manipulate, organize and validate data is expected.
· 3+ years experience building OLAP/MOLAP Data Cubes is required
Extensive experience with data extraction, and validation, experience with transactional systems.
Intermediate knowledge of SQL Server 2000/2005, SQL, DTS, SSIS, reporting solutions
Past project experience with integration technologies (e.g. ETL), data migration, and packaged applications.
- Ability to develop and implement complex Business Intelligence solutions. Including but not limited to dynamic and interactive web based solutions that connect to both relational and multidimensional data sources
· Work with business and technical stakeholders to understand and document the business and technical use of data and data assets.
· Work with Decision Support staff in the development and maintenance of the standardized enterprise integration architecture.
· Knowledge of financial, statistical, and other analytical modeling techniques
· Ability to analyze/profile data for migration support through mappings, supporting developers, creating business usable test scripts and supporting data verification tests using SQL and other data profiling tool.
· Thorough understanding T-SQL, developing tables, views, stored procedures, triggers and constraints in a MS SQL Server setting.
· Develop, maintain, and ensure consistency amongst several database systems and may assist in the development and implementation of reporting systems, data models, and the data warehouse.
· Identify and analyze data conflicts between legacy systems and reconcile conflicting or ambiguous information.
· Elicit and document data definition and user requirements.
· Quantitatively analyze data errors/issues/problems, determine cause and initiate corrective action when necessary.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Ability to scope project timelines, initiate actions plans, and monitor project deliverables
Ability to maintain a high level of energy and creativity while working independently or as part of a team.
Ability to be flexible in responding to rapid change.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Communicate complex technical issues in terms clearly understood by IT and non-IT practitioners.
Ability to multi-task and prioritize as necessary to complete projects.
Ability to enlist cooperation while solving complex problems in environment that may be resistant to change and not under incumbent’s direct authority.
Solid customer support and service skills.
Ability to understand user and technical application documentation.
Comprehensive understanding of IDX data extremely beneficial.
Attention to detail is a must.
Primary Location: California, Greater Sacramento Area, Sacramento
Organization: Sutter Medical Foundation - Central
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: Rotating
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.