American Express Engineer I in Phoenix, Arizona
You won’t just shape the world of software. You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
*You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground. *
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
- Leading a team of engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide.
Are you up for the challenge?
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
- [X] years of software development experience
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
- 3 years of development experience with Java(minimum Java 8), J2EE technologies.
- Hands-on experience with Spring Boot, Relational and NoSQL databases.
- Working experience of testing frameworks/tools such as Junit, Mockito, Jmeter, postman
- Should have thorough understanding of RESTful API design and implementation principles
- Implementation or working experience on distributed caching solutions such as Redis
- Understanding of Drools or other Rules management system.
- Development experience using messaging middleware (Solace, Kafka)
- Experience with Event Driven and Reactive Programming is a plus *Why American Express *
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Title: Engineer I
Requisition ID: 18017682