The Industrial Company Pipefitter Craftsman in Pennington, Alabama
Location: Pennington, AL, US
Date: Nov 9, 2018
TIC - The Industrial Company is a direct-hire, heavy industrial contractor providing world-class construction expertise in the areas of Power, Mining/Minerals Processing, Oil/Gas/Chemical, Renewable Energy, and Food & Beverage. Our financial stability, broad range of specialized capabilities and outstanding performance record make TIC the contractor of choice for heavy industrial construction. Our unique company culture of craft professionals who are Powered by People©, include an outstanding safety environment where “Nobody Gets Hurt”, with mutually developed career plans for your success. We have a work hard, play hard attitude and meaningful involvement in local communities.
Position Summary: Plan, lay-out, install, test and repair all types of piping systems in accordance with all applicable plans, specifications, codes and industry standards. Work in other crafts at levels appropriate to training and skills as requested by project supervision.
Use effective verbal and written communication skills. Add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers and fractions rapidly and accurately.
Plan, diagram and lay-out for pipefitter's work.
Read and understand plans and specifications, including orthographic and isometric drawings. Visualize two dimensional drawings in three dimensions.
With regard to that portion of the work assigned, develop complete understanding of contract plans and specifications and plan, lay-out, install and/or repair all piping systems in accordance with those plans and specifications.
Examine/inspect field conditions and identify problems, inaccuracies, and cost saving measures that arise or that may be encountered. Take corrective actions as needed.
Inspect subordinate's work for compliance with the contract plans and specifications, point out deficiencies and explain and take any corrective action needed.
Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Observe functioning of installed equipment or systems to determine hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
Lift and carry heavy items weighing up to 50 pounds or more.
Move in and around confined and cluttered places, and uneven areas. Full range of motion and.
Work up to a 12 hour shift doing hard physical labor in varying temperature extremes and other outside conditions.
Climb and maintain balance on steel framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds.
Identify safety hazards you or other employees may be subject to and take all necessary corrective action to eliminate or minimize hazards.
Understand and respond appropriately to all safety hazards and warning devices (i.e. back-up alarms, smell of smoke, different colored warning tags, warning sirens).
Use appropriate hand (i.e. wrap around) and power tools (i.e. grinders) to fit and install all types of pipe and/or similar tubular products; have working knowledge of all types of pipe and piping systems, including butt welded, socket welded, threaded, Victaulic, grooved, glued and fused joints; able to work with carbon steel, stainless steel, PVC, poly, copper, and various high pressure/temperature alloys; proficient in the use of bevelers, threaders and other end prep machines; cut or drill holes in walls to permit passage of pipes; select specified type and size of pipe; mount pipe hangers and brackets on walls and ceilings to hold pipe; install valves, couplings and other fittings; disassemble and remove damaged or worn pipe; erect necessary scaffolding; lift, position and secure materials and workpieces during installation; and install all other items in accordance with the applicable plans and specifications.
Understand and implement lockout/tagout procedures in a safe manner.
Produce quality work, meeting requirements of plans, specifications and industry standards.
Be motivated and work productively.
Perform all other job related duties as requested by supervisor.
Perform all other actions necessary to accomplish the foregoing essential job functions.
Coordinate with other crafts and co-workers in or away from your immediate work area.
Skills required of a Journeyman:
• Use appropriate hand (i.e. wrap around) and power tools (i.e. grinders) to fit and install all types of pipe and/or similar tubular products
• Have working knowledge of all types of pipe and piping systems, including butt welded, socket welded, threaded, Victaulic, grooved, glued and fused joints
• Be able to work with carbon steel, stainless steel, PVC, poly, copper, and various high pressure/temperature alloys
• Proficient in the use of bevelers, threaders and other end prep machines
• Cut or drill holes in walls to permit passage of pipes
• Select specified type and size of pipe
• Mount pipe hangers and brackets on walls and ceilings to hold pipe
• Install valves, couplings and other fittings
• Disassemble and remove damaged or worn pipe
• Erect necessary scaffolding
• Lift, position and secure materials and work pieces during installation and install all other items in accordance with the applicable plans and specifications.
• Experience required for top rate: 4+ years for craft level 3
3 years for craft level 2
2 years for craft level 1
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
Education, Experience or Formal Training:
• Must have a working knowledge of pipe fitting techniques and methods for different types of piping systems and pipe couplings.
• Must have all necessary tools (see Pipefitter Helper tool list).
• Ability to work in conditions common to a construction site including but not limited to rain, sleet, snow, dust, mud, heat, sun, cold, noise.
• Ability to work irregular hours, weekends, and holidays.
• Ability to work up to a 12-hour shift.
• Ability to lift a maximum of 50 pounds.
• Climb and maintain balance on formwork, steel framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds.
• Move in and around confined and cluttered places, and uneven areas. Possess full range of motion and flexibility.
• The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
TIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, veterans and the disabled to apply.TIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities, women, veterans and the disabled to apply.
Posting Notes: Pennington ||Alabama (US-AL) ||United States (US)
Nearest Major Market: Tuscaloosa