Oceaneering Training and Competency Specialist in Panama City, Florida
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Execute training and competency initiatives and support training requirements for the site Generall Manager and Business Unit Training Manager to control costs and meet operational needs in a manufacturing environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with the Business Unit Training Manager and HSE (Health, Safety and Environmental) function to ensure training requirements are understood and implemented. Ensure training goals and objects are met.
- Provide input and local SME support as directed by the BU Training Manager or HSE for development and/or maintenance of competency packages and associated work instructions.
- Maintenance and reporting of onsite training records. HSE, Competency and General skills updated and accurately recorded.
- Work with the local management team to ensure Grants and Apprenticeship funding opportunities are maximized.
- Actively participate in audit activity (internal and external).
- Conduct training sessions as required. To include Skills, Competency, HSE and Induction training.
- Schedule classes based on organizational needs identified by management and regulatory requirements.
- Represents the training department on initiatives related to team development, quality and safety as required.
- Conduct needs analysis.
- Analyze performance data to determine effectiveness of instructional systems, courses and instructional materials.
- Oversee the develoment of internal instructors (SME’s), evaluate instructors performance and refer instructors to classes for skill develoment. Includes classroom and OJT instructors.
- Identify and assign instructors to conduct training.
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- 3 or more years of training experience, curriculum design and development experience.
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Experience in the development, updating and administration of competency programs.
- Extensive knowledge of training required to support HSE and Manufacturing processes.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university highly desired, Training and Development.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 14355
Location: Panama City, Florida
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
- Oceaneering Jobs