Arconic Waterjet Operator in Norwalk, California
This position is responsible for the operation of the FLOW Water Jet Machine. With the use of work instructions and drawings the water jet operator will accurately and efficiently produce a wide variety of parts.
Reads work orders, blueprints and specifications to determine machine setup, type of material or part, quantity and finish dimensions.
Start and stop machine, load/feed the machine, and watch machines operation.
Installs and aligns machine accessories using hand tools and measuring instruments or enters coordinate information into computer control panel.
Manipulates machine controls, such as buttons, switches, dials, levers to regulate and adjust cutting.
Must be conscientious with handling of product to uphold our internal quality standards.
Must understand blue prints, read a tape measure, use a caliper and follow written instructions.
Has the ability to fabricate components made of stainless, galvanized, aluminum & mild steel.
Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
· Assists department with additional tasks as needed.
· High School Diploma or GED;
· Previous water jet, CNC machine operating experience and/or schooling (preferred)
· Knowledge of precision measuring instruments and the application of such instruments. Instruments should include but not limited to calipers, ID and OD micrometers, depth gages, indicators and tape measures.
· Knowledge of reading drawings and specifications with an understanding of geometric tolerance and dimensions.
· Must be able to maintain the water jet in working order. Preventative and recommended maintenance on the machine.
· Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
· Must be willing and able to work over-time when asked
· Communicates with supervisor, engineers, production control, quality and other shop personnel for assignments and to resolve machining or quality issues.
· Ability to operate a Fork Truck
· Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
· Must possess effective written and verbal communication skills
· Must be able to follow instruction and work with little to no supervision
· Assist multiple departments as needed.
· Ability to work second shift position.
· Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
· This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Organization: *ARCONIC ENGINEERED STRUCTURES
Title: Waterjet Operator
Requisition ID: 18001752
Compliance With the Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Laws and Regulations
Arconic reaffirms its policy to provide equal employment opportunity in recruiting, hiring, upgrading and promotion, conditions and privileges of employment, company-sponsored training, access to facilities, educational assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, benefits, transfers, discipline, layoffs, recalls or termination of employment to all employees without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, veteran status, genetic information, sex or age (within statutory limits).
We live our Values and measure our success by the success of our customers, shareholders, communities and people. Arconic’s success is driven by the advantage created by the collective efforts of its employees, and is dependent upon a diverse, inclusive environment that embraces change, new ideas, respect for the individual and fosters an equal opportunity for success. We have zero tolerance for discrimination, intimidation or harassment of any kind.