Arconic Supply Chain Manager in Norwalk, California
Arconic is seeking to recruit a Supply Chain Manager for a fast-pasted developing business. As a member of the plant leadership team, t his position leads the following activities:
· Customer Service – Inside Sales, and Order Entry
· Planning/Scheduling – Capacity Planning, Master Scheduling, Finite Production Scheduling and Raw Material
· Contract Manufacturing – Operating Supplies, Services and Outside Processing
This position will establish a world-class integrated business planning process, along with metrics necessary to track supply chain effectiveness, efficiency and sales opportunities. This position will also develop a strategic process to leverage capacity and improve reaction time to market disruptions . A successful candidate will be highly organized and be able to develop and implement strategies that synchronize commercial, planning and procurement activities to improve business results.
· Be a high integrity leader in the organization that advances the Arconic culture.
· Lead the Inside Sales team to deliver excellent customer service, timely and accurate contract review and order entry.
· Perform Risk Assessments and drive mitigation plans.
· Lead the plant SIOP process for demand and supply planning, support financial reconciliation and management review. Collaborate with end to end SIOP process.
· Responsible for raw material Inventory ordering and implementing strategies that increase inventory turns and the reliability of supply.
· Implement an achievable Supply plan (production volumes, purchased materials and stock) through the support of SIOP planning and execution.
· Creation of master production schedules.
· Promote and deploy LEAN techniques and thinking, driving continuous improvement and lead (cost base) efficiency improvements within the process utilising business systems and tools.
· Conduct regular business reviews with key suppliers to ensure consistence in communication and drive for improvement.
· Provides suppliers with demand forecasts and proactively monitors supplier’s short-term capacity (0-12 months).
· Work with suppliers to address temporary constraints and escalates potential long-term supplier capacity issues and drives collaborative planning, forecasting and replenishment with key suppliers targeting at an optimal end to end supply chain.
· Effectively manage personnel in the areas of production control, logistics, contract manufacturing and customer service
· Responsible for managing the forecasting, order management and quotations, production planning, procurement, capacity planning, and transportation operations into a synchronized supply chain organization.
· Perform strategic capacity verses requirements studies to ensure efficient and effective deployment/utilization of resources to meet demand.
· Design, implement and manage a robust compliance program.
· Reports to Management on issues and opportunities, and recommends solutions and project plans.
· Identifying and implementing innovations to improve service delivery.
· Coordination of various customer and internal presentations that include Program Reviews (internal and customer facing), Monthly Business Review, Annual Plan, etc.
· Setting up, delivering, measuring and analysing Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and taking corrective actions.
· ASAT self-audit responsibilities.
· Ensure Trade compliance regulations are met.
· Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
Minimum 3 years’ experience in a supply chain position.
Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Preferred Qualifications :
Communication Skills - Ability to communicate with all levels of management and warehouse personnel.
Mathematical Skills – Working understanding of probability and statistics, and forecasting.
Computer Skills – Extensive experience using ERP systems; SAP experience a plus
Must be proficient in Excel.
Business management skills including strong collaboration and communication skills
Organization: *39180-96306 Production Control & Planning
Title: Supply Chain Manager
Requisition ID: 18002439
Compliance With the Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Laws and Regulations
Arconic reaffirms its policy to provide equal employment opportunity in recruiting, hiring, upgrading and promotion, conditions and privileges of employment, company-sponsored training, access to facilities, educational assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, benefits, transfers, discipline, layoffs, recalls or termination of employment to all employees without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, veteran status, genetic information, sex or age (within statutory limits).
We live our Values and measure our success by the success of our customers, shareholders, communities and people. Arconic’s success is driven by the advantage created by the collective efforts of its employees, and is dependent upon a diverse, inclusive environment that embraces change, new ideas, respect for the individual and fosters an equal opportunity for success. We have zero tolerance for discrimination, intimidation or harassment of any kind.