Vanderbilt University Medical Center Sr Administrative Assistant (Pediatric Cardiology) in Nashville, Tennessee
Sr Administrative Assistant (Pediatric Cardiology)
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt is one of the nation's leading children's hospitals. We treat and help prevent all health issues ranging from colds and broken bones to heart disease and cancer.
The world-class facilities at Children's Hospital are a testament to our community's dedication to the health of children. Constructed in 2004 and expanded in 2012, our 271-bed hospital is a child-friendly place built on the science of healing.
A building alone does not make a great hospital. Our exceptional medical teams and the generous support of people like you enable us to provide every child who comes to us with the hope of improved health. Children's Hospital is a nonprofit facility. No child who needs our services is denied care on the basis of limited ability to pay.
Many of our doctors and surgeons are nationally recognized researchers who are finding new ways to cure and prevent childhood diseases. Their work preventing and treating premature birth, cancer, heart disease, spina bifida, and many other conditions is an investment in the future. We are at an important crossroads in child health. Our commitment to research and advocacy positions us to bring the promise of good health to children and families in our community and to share that hope with the world.
Your Role :
This position will be to serve as part of the administrative team for Pediatric Cardiology. Strong written and oral communication skills are required. The individual will work directly with multiple physician leaders in the area. This individual will provide key stakeholders a wide range of support, including assistance and management of the fellowship application, interview, and recruitment process as well as general administrative support for faculty, research staff, and administrative officers.
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
1. Servesas the Pediatric Cardiology fellowship coordinator.
· Coordinate and execute 40+ interviews of Medical Doctor Candidates interested in pursuing subspecialty pediatric cardiology training.
· Serve as liaison to incoming fellows to ensure smooth transition from resident to fellow. This includes significant communication to obtain necessary documents, answer program-specific and general questions. Keep new fellows informed on key due dates for GME-related documents and times lines for start dates.
· Work in conjunction with the fellowship Director to ensure that the learning experiences of the Program meet the requirements of ACGME and GME. This includes new teaching opportunities, expectations for rotations, conference participation and research time.
· Utilize New Innovations to design and implement Fellow/Faculty evaluations based on the new ACGME milestones for PEM.
· Maintain all necessary Fellow requirements including duty hour reporting, completion of evaluations, logging of procedures and up-to-date certifications.
· Coordinate monthly time off reporting in the Exempt Time Off system and maintain documentation, including FMLA reporting.
2. Budgetaryresponsibilities include
· Work with individual fellows in the control of travel expenses and reimbursement of Continuing Medical Education funds, which includes communication regarding allowable purchases and expensing items to ensure reimbursement.
· Manage the budget for fellowship interviews and monitor overall fellow cost of practice center.
3. AdministrativeDivisional Support
· Assist Lead AA with administrative faculty support of over 20 faculty including reappointment and recredentialing processes, travel arrangements and reimbursements, meeting coordination, e-procurement, etc.
· Maintains the call schedule within Synergy ensuring that all changes are submitted in timely fashion and communicated as needed.
4. ResearchAdministrative Support
· Assist Research AO with training grant reporting and continuation efforts.
· Track trainee spending and stipends for expense reporting
· Assist fellows/trainees with VUMC Cores and other central office needs
· Help review monthly ledger transactions for compliance reporting
· Other assistance and reporting as needed
PreferredSkills and Experiences:
· Comfort working with new technology
· Ability to work in a team setting
· Customer service experience
· Proficiency using Microsoft Office
Associate Degree and 3 years of experience.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
· US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center at http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/billwilkerson/ ), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
· Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
· Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
· The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
· National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
· Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
· Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
· American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Associate Degree and 3 years of experience.
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Sedentary category requiring exertion up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and uses negligible amounts of force to move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or assistive device.
Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
Frequent: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
Frequent: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
Frequent: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
Frequent: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both hands.
Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory information
Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
Continuous: Smell: Ability to detect and identify odors.
- Occasional: Chemicals and Gasses: Medications, cleaning chemicals, oxygen, other medical gases used in work area.
Job Administrative and Clerical Support
Organization: Pediatric Cardiology 104565
Title: Sr Administrative Assistant (Pediatric Cardiology)
Location: TN-Nashville-DOT - VCH Doctor's Office Tower
Requisition ID: 1809188
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action.