St. Joseph Health LVN in Napa, California
Under general supervision of LVN Supervisor/ Clinical Manager, assists in providing patient care within the scope of practice outlined by the California Board of Vocational Nursing.
Essential Values-Based, Leadership and Management Competencies: Demonstrates values-based competencies in line with the four core values that are the foundation of all activities performed by employees in order to achieve the Mission of the St. Joseph Health System.
Dignity: Demonstrates competence in communication and interpersonal relations.
Excellence: Demonstrates competence in continuous improvement, continuous learning, accountability, and teamwork.
Service: Demonstrates competence in customer/patient focus and adaptability.
Justice: Demonstrates competence in community orientation and stewardship.
(As defined on the attached Values-Based Competency Model Form.)
• Administers medications and treatments (within scope of practice) per provider orders, adhering to medical group policy and procedures and accepted standards of care. 10%
• Collects and documents patient information, care and treatment provided in a clear and concise manner in EMR 30%
• Communicates effectively with internal/external customers providing necessary information in a timely and concise manner to include but not limited to family/patient education, while adhering to HIPAA standards and safety. 20%
• Anticipates patient care needs and consults with provider as needed 5%
• Supports non-licensed staff and other departments by providing licensed nursing care. 20%
• Responds to and participates in medical emergencies and codes. 5%
• Maintains current knowledge of SJHMG clinical policies and procedures 3%
• Attends and participates in mandatory nursing/business department meetings/in-services 1%
• Maintains current knowledge of medications, disposal of wastes, and sterile techniques while adhering to infection control, universal precautions and use of personal protective equipment 5%
• Maintains CPR and other appropriate licensure/certifications 1%
• Other duties may be assigned as needed.
• Human development knowledge/skills:
Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served including knowledge of the principles of growth and development and psychosocial characteristics and interventions for infant (0-1 year), child (1-5 years), school age (6-12 years), adolescent (13-17 years), young adult (18-45 years), middle adult (46-60 years), older adult (60+ years).
• Age-specific patient needs that employee is required to understand and meet:
Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret age appropriate data about the patient’s status in order to identify age-specific needs and provide the care needed.
• Additional requirements:
Demonstrates age appropriate communication skills for the patient population served.
Demonstrates knowledge of age-specific community resources.
Information Management: Treats all information and data within the scope of the position with complete confidentiality and security, while adhering to HIPAA standards.
Risk Management: Cooperates fully in all risk management activities and investigations.
Safety Requirements: Is knowledgeable of, observes and complies with Codes of Safe Practice, safety policies and emergency procedures.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Graduate of a Vocational School or college.
• Current LVN license in State of California
• Current CPR Certificate
• IV Certification
Experience: 2 years of direct patient care experience on acute, medical group, homecare, or skilled nursing facility.
Computer Skills: Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, and Windows
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• High level of customer services skills with a genuine caring approach to helping people.
• Maintain a positive attitude with changing conditions.
• Demonstrates organizational abilities.
• Demonstrates dependability.
• Requires good written and verbal communications skills to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Must be able to work under general supervision.
• Must have a professional and mature demeanor.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced department and handle multiple tasks, work with interruptions, and deal effectively with confidential information.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Computer Skills: EMR and/or IDX experience is helpful but not required.
Other: Bilingual English/Spanish communication skills.
Environmental Conditions: May include exposure to potentially hazardous material, infectious agents, contact with patients, public and staff.
Physical Requirements: Sitting, standing, walking, standing, bending, climbing, reaching, stooping, kneeling, pushing/pulling, lifting/carrying up to 20 lbs., and grasping.
St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) is one of California's most respected medical groups. With over 3,000 employees and 75 locations throughout California, including, Northern California, Orange County, High Desert and Los Angeles County, SJHH has been continually recognized as a leader in quality, customer service and information technology. This kind of success is the result of team work, a commitment to excellence and a strong adherence to the organization's mission, vision and values.St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Company: Heritage Healthcare