Turner Broadcasting Head of Design in London, United Kingdom
Posting Job Title:
Head of Design
United Kingdom - London
Posting Job Description:
Digital Ventures & Innovation (DV&I), is part of Turner International. Turner International operates versions of Turner brands including CNN, TNT and Cartoon Network across the world, whilst also focusing on digital-only brands. DV&I drives innovation, develops new revenue streams and is responsible for managing and growing Turner’s existing multi-platform suite of international products and services on the web, for mobile, games, apps and OTT.
The Head of Product Design role is a central DV&I role, partnering closely with Product & Tech, to define user experiences across DV&I products and services. As a design leader and individual contributor, you will be responsible for shaping and increasing the value of design in the organisation providing the narrative and rationale and sharing that with the business. You will be able to identify and deliver the best design opportunities based on the teams priorities, supported by a distributed team of designers. This core team of Design, Product and Technology is empowered to shape and define new product features for Turner’s direct-to-consumer products and services. As such you must be a master of working at scale and develop methodologies, team processes and design systems to enable a highly efficient team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Own the product-design process for the core digital product team at Turner International
- Line manage the central product design team, making up of two direct reports
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences that solve real user problems.
- Prioritise gaining stakeholder feedback at the earliest juncture to prioritise developing the strongest ideas
- Contribute design processes and thinking to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams
Be the go-to person for interaction design, visual design & product design What we’re looking for:
Experience leading distributed teams, designing consumer facing digital products
- Demonstrated experience as a design lead on digital products with an active user base
- Experience in leading and facilitating design discussions as well as instilling design process into a cross-functional teams, execs, product people, engineers, marketing, etc.
- You can provide examples of designing product features closely with engineers
- Well developed interpersonal communication skills; an ability to explain your thinking, influence decision makers and an ability to work independently or in a group
- Ideally, you may have some experience with UX research, and information architecture
- Confident and expertise in using standard UX software such as Sketch, Photoshop, InVision, Zeplin and the like What’s on offer:
As you might expect, this role comes with a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits and perks, including private medical, generous pension contribution and is eligible for company bonus. You’ll have 23 days holiday and we’ll also give you 40 hours per year for you to use for volunteering or charitable work. On top of this, you’ll have access to regular in-house screenings, wellbeing and fitness programs and events.
Excitingly, we are moving to brand new offices in Old Street in Autumn 2019, close to Shoreditch and Hoxton, the move offers a fresh new working environment for all employees!
Area of Interest:
Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Games – Development & Publishing, Online Content/Services
- Turner Broadcasting Jobs