Sandia National Laboratories Subcontract Manager (Early/Mid-Career) in Livermore, California
The Strategic Contracting Representative performs the following tasks and functions:
- Acquire high-value or complex goods and services needed to achieve (NTESS) National Technology and Engineering Solutions of Sandia mission.
- Officially represent and commit Corporation funds in such acquisitions.
- Work closely with members of Sandia's scientific and engineering community to identify opportunities and challenges that can or should be addressed through the acquisition process.
- Make and document complex source selection decisions.
- Manage supplier performance, interactions, communications and relationships.
- Oversee the administration of contracts from placement through final closeout.
- Balance customer requests while ensuring compliance and minimizing risk.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline or equivalent.
- Experience and/or achievement that demonstrate the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a required US DOE Q-level security clearance.
- Higher degree (MS) in relevant discipline; or MBA
- Strong education, knowledge, and experience in business management functions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize a variety of tasks and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to organize and follow through to completion of multiple tasks under strict deadlines and changing priorities.
- Willingness to take initiative, ownership of job responsibilities, and make appropriate decisions to complete tasks.
- Excellent analytical, facilitation, and decision analysis skills.
Procurement supports Sandia’s research-and-development mission success by procuring services and supplies that are high quality, at best value, and received on time. Procurement buyers are also available to collaborate with strategic line customers and suppliers to partner solutions in support of corporate and California site programs and projects.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.