Sandia National Laboratories Facility Manager (Experienced) in Livermore, California
We are seeking motivated individuals to act as Facilities Building Managers responsible for the day to day (immediate) and short-term management of facility needs, supporting the Facilities Area Manager (FAM) and Facilities Portfolio Manager (FacPM), for all building and customer solutions.
Each Facilities Building Managers will be assigned a specific portfolio of space and a customer base for which they are responsible.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Understand building systems to ensure that HVAC, electrical and communication infrastructure, and physical layout will meet customer needs and expectations.
- Communicate requests and modifications with building operations teams. Have a clear understanding of all AE disciplines with the ability to develop detailed scopes of work.
- Understand building types, design basis of spaces and occupancy within assigned portfolio.
- Develop the scope and budget, and authorize building modifications; coordinate and oversee the project execution with Facilities Express and contractors. Scope development may include laboratory, office, storage and conference rooms.
- Team with all members reporting to the FAM, Space Tactical Planners, and Strategic Space Planners to develop cross-divisional building management options, recommendations, and solutions to increase space utilization.
- Understand building modifications well enough to recognize when design will be required.
- Negotiate customer requirements and limitations.
- Review project and facility drawings and floor plans for assigned portfolio.
- Provide input to keep Maximo information database system and related information technology applications for assigned portfolio current.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline plus five or more years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Experience using IBM Facilities Management System (i.e. Tririga, Maximo) or similar software systems.
- Experience in a Facilities Management area, or equivalent education/training.
- Knowledge and experience in database management, Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel.
- Selected applicants will be required to take a Job Placement Assessment before beginning the job to ensure that they can perform the essential physical requirements, with or without accomodations
- Formal credential in Facilities Management, such as: Facilities Management Professional (FMP, IFMA), Certified Facility Manager (CFM, IFMA), Certificate in Facilities Management (from an accredited institution), Facilities Management Certificate (FMC, BOMI International), Facilities Management Administrator (FMA, BOMI International).
- Knowledge of Sandia's facility and operational policies, practices, and procedures.
- Knowledge of legal requirements and environmental impacts affecting facility management and operations.
- Ability to exercise initiative as well as the acumen to manage and complete multiple priorities.
- Ability to clearly communicate the status of policies, reports, decisions and deliverables.
The Customer Operations Department is responsible for providing Operational, Systems, and Maintenance Engineering solutions and support throughout the CA site with intentional alignment to Mission Areas and Site Planning. The team coordinates planned reliability-based operations, provides maintenance support, and manages all service and utility contracts. The department also supports the organization with records management and material management.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Sandia National Laboratories
- Sandia National Laboratories Jobs