CDM Smith Management Specialist 7 in Lexington, Kentucky
* We are open to having this opening be based at any of our CDM Smith offices located in the United States. We are considering partial remote schedules for this position.*
CDM Smith is one of the world’s top engineering firms providing innovative and creative solutions for our clients and assisting them in achieving successful outcomes on their most important water, infrastructure, environmental and transportation programs. Program Services Group has an immediate need for a Management Specialist 7 to join our group. The Management Specialist 7 will be responsible for:
• Direct financial studies for utility clients including mid- and long-term financial plans associated with significant complex masterplans and capital improvement plans, rate studies, affordability evaluations and bond feasibility studies. Such studies require significant ongoing interactions with client staff, managers and governing boards including elected officials
• Lead and assist with asset management evaluations including but not limited to visioning, detailed business procedure development, maintenance management evaluations, asset inventory and developing and implementing risk evaluation protocols.
•Facilitating meetings with a wide range of participants as well as providing and directing training of both client and CDM junior and mid-level staff is critical component of these evaluations
• Leads the creation of basic to highly complex recommendations for improvements to client operating and maintenance business procedures as well organizational structure. Directs more junior staff in the development of detailed analysis and assessment of organizational structure and efficiency..
• Significant experience with the rate methodologies including AWWA M-1 and WEF MOP-27.
•Function as key technical resource in new business pursuits. . Collaborates with sales staff to create proposals in response to current and potential client requests for proposal (RFPs).
• Meets with current and potential future clients to review their current and future organizational needs. Provides technical guidance and training to more junior staff.
• Mentors more junior staff and develops them for future growth within the discipline and firm. Performs other duties as required.
• Participate in Communities of Practice (CoP) activities.
• May participate in professional association and societies, attend conferences, contribute to papers, etc.
Management Specialist 7
Bachelor's degree. 12 years of related experience. Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
• Expert knowledge of AWWA M-1 and WEF MOP-27, , accounting principles, finance, asset management principals, and organization management.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to understand highly complex technical, professional and business materials.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, economics
• Master’s degree preferred
• Minimum of eight years experience, with at least five years developing rates and financial projections including managing more junior staff conducting these analyses
Minimum of 3 years in a consulting environment
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
United States - Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
Expert knowledge of utility operations and maintenance processes and procedures, utility finance (including M-1 and MOP-27), US and international asset management requirements and processes, , organization design principles, utility, finance, , and organization management. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to understand highly complex technical, professional, and business materials.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
U.S. Vaccine Status:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.
- CDM Smith Jobs