Arconic Process Engineering Leader in Laporte, Indiana
Arconic (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing techniques, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensure customer success and shareholder value. Arconic Engines, a business unit of Arconic, is a world-class producer of aero engine and industrial gas turbine components, including airfoils, rings, disks and forgings. Arconic Engines excels in vacuum melted superalloys, machining, performance coatings and hot isostatic pressing for high-performance parts that enable the next-generation of quieter, more fuel-efficient aero engines and cleaner power generation. For more information:www.arconic.com. Follow @arconic: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Our advanced aerospace facility in LaPorte, Indiana is seeking a Process Engineering Leader. The Process Engineering Leader is responsible to manage, guide and assist in performing an assortment of tasks within the process engineering department. Provide leadership, strategic guidance and training in the resolution of process engineering issues.
Job responsibilities and duties include:
• Follow Arconic’s EHS requirements along with all department specific safety requirements.
• Prioritize, guide and facilitate the activities of the process engineering function to meet organizational goals, initiatives and requirements
• Oversee the development of standard policies, procedures and practices to ensure customer requirements are met
• Administer the implementation of process engineering to assure the flow down of industry, customer and corporate standards
• Establish and maintain Process Engineering performance metrics and reporting systems
• Drive improvements by promoting best practice methodologies and new technologies
• Ensure team development by supporting an active training environment
• Conduct periodic management reviews of the process, monitor the effectiveness of implementation and report results to the staff
• Ensure timely and effective resolution of issues resulting from internal, peer and external audits
• Lead the process engineering initiatives to improve production processes and to reduce costs
• Performs other work related duties as assigned Internal Customer Support
• Provide process support for Process Engineers
• Participate in daily management meetings by providing information and data analyses and taking action from the results
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
• Must be able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
• Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
• Ability to learn new software applications and to write machine specific programs.
Bachelors degree from an accredited institution
Minimum of 5 years engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
Minimum of 2 years experience in investment casting
This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship not available for this position.
Minimum 2 years leadership experience
Familiarity with solidification modeling software
Familiarity with financial accounting
Familiarity with cost modeling
Organization: *02741-34502 BC2 Business Center Mgmt
Title: Process Engineering Leader
Requisition ID: 18003089
Compliance With the Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Laws and Regulations
Arconic reaffirms its policy to provide equal employment opportunity in recruiting, hiring, upgrading and promotion, conditions and privileges of employment, company-sponsored training, access to facilities, educational assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, benefits, transfers, discipline, layoffs, recalls or termination of employment to all employees without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, veteran status, genetic information, sex or age (within statutory limits).
We live our Values and measure our success by the success of our customers, shareholders, communities and people. Arconic’s success is driven by the advantage created by the collective efforts of its employees, and is dependent upon a diverse, inclusive environment that embraces change, new ideas, respect for the individual and fosters an equal opportunity for success. We have zero tolerance for discrimination, intimidation or harassment of any kind.