Oceaneering Structural Engineer - Topsides Inspection in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
To set up, approve, and maintain the Structural Integrity Management Service and oversee and endorse the inspections required to maintain the structural integrity of onshore and offshore oil and gas facilities. These are to be in accordance with approved plans and Oceaneering and the client’s codes of practice, strategies, and offshore/onshore legislation where applicable.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the Principal/Senior Structural Engineer and Project Manager(s) in the delivery of Structural Integrity Management Service.
- Provide technical support in Structural Engineering, delegating work where applicable to junior engineers within their technical capabilities. Review and check junior engineer output.
- Provide support to our clients which includes Integrity Management / Inspection Management / Repair activities for Structures (both onshore and offshore structures) in accordance with the relevant parts of the contract as required.
- Prepare and maintain Structural Integrity and Inspection Management strategies.
- Prepare and maintain Structural Planned Maintenance Routines (PMR's) based upon the Structural Integrity and Inspection Strategies.
- Ensure all work is complaint with relevant client engineering and safety standards and practices and review any revisions and feedback from client Integrity Focal Point.
- Ensure the structural inspections detailed in the strategies are carried out and are co-ordinated with all other activities where necessary.
- Review and endorse all Structural Inspection Reports, including 3rd party NDE Reports, and confirm the structural inspections have been carried out as required by the strategies.
- Carry out first pass assessment of reported defects, report any anomalies and highlight any areas of concern to the appropriate client Structural Integrity Engineer. Advise the client when conditions present any immediate threat to integrity.
- Undertake specific investigations into structural issues, and engage approved 3rd parties as necessary to complete the scope.
- Advise the appropriate client Structural Integrity Engineer of any limitations resulting from inspections, advise alternative solutions for mitigating or resolving problems.
- Contribute to the development and completion of fabric maintenance strategies, programs and plans.
- Promote the use of specialist technology to resolve unusual/special problems, or where efficiencies can be gained, and liaise with the client on the implementation when appropriate.
- Draft the structural inspection Annual Summary Reports at year end.
- Develop the CTRs (Cost, Time & Resource) in support of client requirements.
- Input to the IQ/RO process for structural issues.
- Additional duties as required.
- Degree in Structural or Civil Engineering or closely related discipline.
- 5 years work experience working on projects in the Gulf of Mexico region.
- MSc qualification in related discipline (P).
- Experience with Gulf of Mexico Offshore project experience.
- Comfortable speaking directly with clients.
- Chartered Engineer as defined by the Engineering Council or equivalent (P).
- Offshore medical and survival certification (P).
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 14349
Location: Houston, Texas
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
- Oceaneering Jobs