Oceaneering Lead Quality Control Inspector, Government in Hanover, Maryland
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
_The Advanced Technologies (ADTECH) group of Oceaneering is recognized as an industry leader in enabling humans to work safely and effectively in harsh environments ranging from the depths of the sea to the outer reaches of space. ADTECH specializes in the support of manned systems and the development and application of practical, cost-effective robotic systems in multiple industries.
ADTECH designs, builds, and operates unique underwater systems for the US Navy and provides life cycle maintenance services for Submarines and Deep Submergence Systems. ADTECH is developing the next generation space suit for NASA and provides robotic and spacecraft life support systems. ADTECH is also an award winning leader in design, build, and installation of theme park entertainment ride systems and provides intra-logistic solutions using AGV systems.
ADTECH's business areas are: Oceaneering Technologies, Marine Services Division, Oceaneering Space Systems, Oceaneering Entertainment Systems, Frog AGV Systems, and ADTECH Manufacturing Group._
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services.
The Lead Quality Control Inspector is responsible for assigning work to other inspectors such that work is performed in a timely manner to support production schedules. In addition the lead inspector is expected to perform all types of inspection duties alongside the other inspectors to support the production schedule as well as any additional duties as assigned. The lead inspector is responsible for setting inspection method standards such that the inspection results are 100% accurate and recorded where necessary. Additional duties include interface with customer representatives, vendors, government inspectors and company’s other departments such as Manufacturing, Purchasing, Accounting, and Departmental Engineers, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Determining work load on a daily basis and assigning the work to inspection staff such that the production schedule is not impacted.
- Receiving inspection, First Piece, and in-process inspecting and testing in accordance with Quality System work instructions. Included in this are reading drawings/blue prints, determining methods for dimensional inspections, inspection of paint and other coatings, weld inspection, and identification of material and inspected items to show inspection status.
- Experience in Machine Shop best practices.
- Must be proficient in PCDMIS software.
- Must be proficient in the use of Solidworks.
- Final inspection to verify that items exhibit acceptable workmanship and that inspection reports/certificate of conformance are completed and ready for shipment with the product.
- Maintenance of logs, filling out nonconforming material reports, and other required records of inspection and tests.
- Assuring that inspection gages and equipment are in current calibration.
- Other duties to assure compliance Oceaneering’s Quality Management System.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of inspection experience in manufacturing and fabrication.
- Previous training and/or experience in the following areas:
- Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) inspection
- Romer or Faro Arm portable CMM
- Laser Tracker measurement system
- Geometric tolerancing in accordance with ASME Y14.5
- General mechanical inspection
- Fabrication inspection
- Basic electrical inspection
- Experience working directly with fabrication and machinists craftspeople.
- Blueprint reading skills.
- Knowledge of basic technical mathematics; inspection, measuring, and test equipment; materials and processes; inspection planning and technology; fabrication methods; inspections methods; geometrical tolerance systems; and basic statistics.
- Candidate will perform in an ISO-9000 rated company in a rapidly changing and demanding atmosphere.
- Must be US Citizen
- Must be able to obtain a government security clearance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. Strong working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems. Peoplesoftknowledge preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 14354
Location: Hanover, Maryland
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
- Oceaneering Jobs