Oceaneering Industrial Engineer in Hanover, Maryland
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
_The Advanced Technologies (ADTECH) group of Oceaneering is recognized as an industry leader in enabling humans to work safely and effectively in harsh environments ranging from the depths of the sea to the outer reaches of space. ADTECH specializes in the support of manned systems and the development and application of practical, cost-effective robotic systems in multiple industries.
ADTECH designs, builds, and operates unique underwater systems for the US Navy and provides life cycle maintenance services for Submarines and Deep Submergence Systems. ADTECH is developing the next generation space suit for NASA and provides robotic and spacecraft life support systems. ADTECH is also an award winning leader in design, build, and installation of theme park entertainment ride systems and provides intra-logistic solutions using AGV systems.
ADTECH's business areas are: Oceaneering Technologies, Marine Services Division, Oceaneering Space Systems, Oceaneering Entertainment Systems, Frog AGV Systems, and ADTECH Manufacturing Group._
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services.
As an Industrial Engineer you will be responsible for designing automated material transportation systems and supporting fabrication, integration, and installation of the systems at customer sites. This would include, but is not limited to determining and specifying system design requirements, working with internal and external teams to develop automated handling equipment and controls, programming/installing/troubleshooting PLCs, traveling to global customer sites to support system installations, writing training and technical documentation, and supporting bid and proposal efforts for new work.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrates ability to devise innovative solutions to problems.
- Independently performs difficult engineering tasks to completion that may include a variety of complex features, conflicting design requirementsand the need to coordinate the work of others.
- Excellent technical judgment, and appreciable independent evaluation, creativity, and latitude in making decisions are expected.
- Designs mobile, automated material transportation systems from concept through installation and testing phases;
- Supports installation, integration, commissioning, and handover AGVs at the customer site;
- Troubleshootsvehicle electrical, mechanical, and software issues;
- Calibrates and tests vehicles;
- Designs, integrates, and tests automated material handling systems such as conveyors, lifts, shuttles, and manipulators; interfaces with customers’ material handling infrastructure;
- Programs, installs, and troubleshoots PLCs;
- Writes training and support documentation;
- Analyzes, troubleshoots, and refines vehicle routes and traffic rules to optimize material flow;
- Assesses vendors for technical competence and capability.
- Supports system engineering and provide input to proposals for new work;
- Additional duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, or Computer Engineering, or in a related technical field;
- 5-8 years of work experience in robotic, industrial, or material handling systems, or in a related field;
- Experience with reading, understanding, and creating electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, 3D models, and mechanical assembly drawings;
- Understanding of networking concepts, hardware and software;
- Customer focused attitude;
- Ability to function and thrive in a small team environment composed of multi-disciplinary engineers, programmers, and technicians;
- Ability to remain calm and professional in a demanding and dynamic work environment, often in direct contact with the customer;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Ability to act with limited guidance generating innovative solutions to complex problems;
- Willingness to travel up to 20% to domestic and global customers;
- Experience in material handling and/or automotive industry;
- Dutch or German language skill is a plus;
- Experience with writing training documentation is a plus;
- Experience with factory automation systems is a plus;
- Experience with PLCs and other industrial automation control systems;
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 14366
Location: Hanover, Maryland
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
- Oceaneering Jobs