EFI HW and SW Service Engineer in Grassobbio, Italy
HW and SW Service Engineer
Tracking #: 4807
Location: Italy - Grassobbio
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
WE are Self-starters , WE are Passionate , WE are Relationship builders , WE are Innovative , We are Nimble , and WE are Transparent …
WE are SPRINTers ! We believe in challenging you, then providing you the room and flexibility to deliver.
EFI is looking for a HW/SW Service Engineer to join our Business Unit EFI Reggiani, in Bergamo area .
The position supports, remotely or on site, hardware and software issues on printers installed in field. Installation and configuration in Windows operating system, installation and configuration of custom SW, installation and configuration of communication networks.
• Responds to remote and onsite service incidences in a timely manner via Telephone, Email, text etc.
• Interacts effectively at multiple levels of customer organization to encourage adherence to EFI operation and maintenance requirement.
• Provides detailed technical feedback to Service, Manufacturing, and Product Development via EFI proprietary systems.
SW related activities:
• Analysis and detection of software problems (ruined databases, deleted files, operating system problems, etc.).
• Production logs analysis for customers with special requests.
• Support for configuration and start-up of spare parts in the field (installation of driver cards and applications).
• PC image preparation for fast reconfiguration of faulty PCs.
• FTP site maintenance management.
• Enable custom SW
• Preparation of technical guides and procedures for trouble shooting
HW related activities:
• Analysis of HW problems and identification of faulty parts on the machine.
• Support for installation of spare parts in the field (hard-disk, peripherals, etc.)
• Preparation of PC configuration, Switch, etc.
• Creation of spare parts lists and special applications (fast ripper, QNAP, networks, etc.).
• Search for alternatives in case of hardware spare parts no longer available and testing
• Degree in SW engineering (3 years) or secondary school with electronical or SW technical background
• Minimum 2 years in HW and SW engineering positions servicing electro-mechanical devices
• Ability to trouble-shoot complex technological problems to the component level
• Ability to maintain composure in high pressure/high demand situations.
• A+ Certification and or ability to demonstrate computer hardware aptitude.
• Reactive approach;
• Fluent in English and Italian;
• Available for missions in Italy and abroad
• Kowledge of Development languages: C++/CLI, C#;
• Printing technology experience;
• Self-starter attitude;
• High pro-activity;
• Team work;
• High availability;
We move quickly, with the purposeful intention of solving a problem, accomplishing a goal, and ultimately making a difference for our customers, partners, colleagues and shareholders, EFI SPRINTers take action and adapt to changes in order to transform our customers businesses to be more productive and profitable through innovation in a digital print business.
EFI is an “Affirmative Action/EEO/Protected Veteran/Disabled Employer”