St. Joseph Health Clinic Licensed Vocational Nurse - (LVN) Derm in Fullerton, California
Job Summary: Primary job function is to assist the physician in providing patient care demonstrating our core values. The L.V.N. will function within the appropriate scope of practice and report to the back office lead / site management.
Practices within the scope of practice (education and training). (See competency / orientation skills check.)
Performs all assigned tasks efficiently and completely.
Meets compliance standards for documentation. Documentation is pertinent, complete and legible.
Maintains a clean, functional work environment to include housekeeping, log maintenance and accurate supply par levels.
Demonstrates knowledge and use of ICD-9 coding, accurately completes all paper work and has working knowledge of IDX.
Required attendance at all meetings
Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• Acts as role model for delivery of patient care.
• Demonstrates problem-solving capabilities.
• Acts as a resource for medical assistants.
• Human development knowledge/skills:
Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served including knowledge of the principles of growth and development and psychosocial characteristics and interventions for age specific requirement of the assigned unit.
• Age-specific patient needs that employee is required to understand and meet:
Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret age appropriate data about the patient’s status in order to identify age-specific needs and provide the care needed.
• Additional requirements:
Demonstrates age appropriate communication skills for the patient population served.
Demonstrates knowledge of age-specific community resources.
• Treats all information and data within the scope of the position with complete confidentiality and security.
Nursing managers and coordinators shall have access to the complete medical record of patients under their care for clinical or health care operation purposes. All members of the nursing staff shall have access to the complete medical record of patients to which the staff member is assigned while on duty and working.
• Cooperates fully in all risk management activities and investigations.
• Is knowledgeable of, observes and complies with hospital Codes of Safe Practice, safety policies and emergency procedures.
• Mandatory initial and annual attendance at OSHA / safety in-services.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
• Education: Successfully completed an accredited licensed vocational school of nursing
• Experience: Experience must be appropriate for position.
• Training: Must be appropriate for site needs.
• License / Certification: Current California license for vocational nursing. Current BCLS. I.V. certification preferred but not required.
• Other: Bilingual Spanish Highly Preferred
St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) is one of California's most respected medical groups. With over 3,000 employees and 75 locations throughout California, including, Northern California, Orange County, High Desert and Los Angeles County, SJHH has been continually recognized as a leader in quality, customer service and information technology. This kind of success is the result of team work, a commitment to excellence and a strong adherence to the organization's mission, vision and values.St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Company: Heritage Healthcare