University of Virginia Health System Certified Medical Assistant - Neurosurgery in Charlottesville, Virginia
This CMA position will work across multiple locations, including Fontaine, Battle Building, and the West Complex.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for providing patient care, health teaching and a safe environment to patients in an inpatient or outpatient setting, or in the patient’s home as directed by physicians and registered nurses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assists the registered nurse and/or physician through data collection concerning the physical, psychological, social and cultural dimensions of patients according to practice standards and institutional policy/procedure.
2. Organizes and prioritizes patient care activities considering the needs of the patients and the interdisciplinary team.
3. Implements age appropriate interventions based on individual patient’s needs as directed by the registered nurse/physician.
4. Maintains efficient patient flow throughout the clinic experience.
5. Assists in developing and implementing patient/family teaching plan based on identified health education needs and the condition and age of the patient.
6. Provides for a safe environment and safe delivery of care.
7. Maintains supplies and equipment.
8. Performs administrative support responsibilities.
9. Demonstrates teamwork in the delivery of patient care.
* Education:A technical diploma or certificate in Medical Assisting required. Associates Degree in Medical Assisting from an accredited Program of Study such as the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) preferred.
* Experience:No experience required.
* License/Certification:One of the following three credentials - Certified Medical Assistant by the AAMA (American Association of Medical Assistants), Registered Medical Assistant by the American Medical Technologists, or Certified Clinical Medical Assistant by the National Healthcareer Association. Credential must be obtained within 6 months from the date of hire. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required. GENERAL INFORMATION The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Job: *Healthcare Spec
Title: Certified Medical Assistant - Neurosurgery
Location: Albemarle County-Charlottesville
Requisition ID: 39735
Other Locations: Charlottesville City-Charlottesville
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.