JPMorgan Chase Asset & Wealth Management, Change Mobilization - Service Designer, Associate in Brooklyn, New York
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands.
Asset & Wealth Management Background
With client assets under supervision of $2.3 trillion and assets under management of $1.7 trillion, J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management (AWM) is one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world. AWM offers global investment management in equities, fixed income, real estate, hedge funds, private equity, liquidity, and multi-asset solutions. It also provides trust and estate, banking, and brokerage services to high net worth clients, and retirement services for corporations and individuals.
AWM Service Design Practice
Mission – to be created by the people joining to lead and shape this Practice.
Vision - A vibrant creative team making tangible the target Asset and Wealth Management (AWM) service experience and prototyping towards it.
Location - small and nimble teams in NYC, London, Hong Kong, and Mumbai or Bengaluru.
What we mean by ‘Service Design’ - Service Design is grounded on 2 fundamental
- Horizontal / end-to-end - Intentionally setting-out to understand the full end-to-end
target service experience, and value proposition, across all touch-points with which the
client or internal user client interacts
- Vertical / full-stack organisational alignment - map and track outside-in from the desired
client-experience, including the visible touch-points known and used by the endcustomer
(aka front-stage), to the processes, people, policies, and tools within the
organisation (aka back-stage), in order to implement the target service
Important to us:
• Empathy and advocacy. Seeking to truly understand those we serve, including their
goals, pain, and ideas, so that we and others can speak insightfully on their behalf
• Purpose and meaning . Helping groups grow in their understanding and use of
Design to solve ‘wicked’ problems and identify a more desirable future
• Making and learning . Prototyping and testing ideas collaboratively with other key
partner practices, so that we can learn quickly how to enable both customers &
employees to achieve their goals in new and innovative ways
• Culture of creativity . Cultivating an environment in which creative people thrive,
and providing opportunities for others to learn about creativity and design and be
given opportunities to apply these skills with the support of senior leaders
The position: Service Designer
Service Designers design the end-to-end journey of a service, enabling a user to achieve their goals, and the business deliver target outcomes. Their work may involve the creation of, or changes to, processes, products, and content across both digital and offline channels provided by different areas of the business. Service Designers come from many backgrounds, and we are interested in those who, in addition to being an experienced Service Design practitioner, have depth in one or more of the following areas: Research, Visual Design & Illustration, Prototyping, Value Proposition, Organisational Design.
Your contribution at JPM
· With a bagful of activities at-the-ready backed-up by a deep knowledge of design
thinking, you will be able to write Service Design project proposals, run workshops that
bring the user to the centre, defining an optimum service experience
· The artefacts you produce will include Service Design Blueprints, illustrated Journey
Maps, Concept Designs, Service Experience Prototypes, Empathy Maps, and Value
Propositions, for the creation and evolution of products and services
· You will be able to plan, conduct, report-on, and advocate for a variety of research methodologies
· Exploring service metrics with the Director of Service Design, you will also partner with
technologists, product managers, and business teams, on the feasibility &
implementation of these, leading service quality reviews with senior business leaders.
· Mentoring leaders in the firm from non-design backgrounds who choose to sponsor the
adoption of design thinking and design doing in their respective business groups
· Coaching junior colleagues, or those taking part in the design training and design
apprenticeship scheme who are considering reskilling and moving into a design role
· Supporting the business to engage external agencies, leading the proposal process,
overseeing activities and deliverables, managing stakeholder expectations, escalating
issues, and ensuring work is aligned to the values and principles of the SD Practice
You are someone who wants to influence your own development, who views a job title not as the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. Under no-illusions about the challenge, but resolute to embody the change you want to see, you want to be part of a team who take deep care in their craft and go out of their way to support one-another.
· At least 2 to 5 years of Design Thinking or Service Design experience (Service Designer)
· Hands-on experience of designing and testing service prototypes across a variety of digital touch-points and non-digital channels
· Excellent communication and organization skills and a strong speaker and presenter, at either conferences or academic institutions
· Strong project and people management skills. Must be able to function as a project leader as well as an individual contributor
· Proficient with design and prototyping tools such as Adobe, Sketch, InVision, or other similar tools used widely in the design community
· Knowledge of capabilities and limitations of Web technologies such as HTML
· A passion for creating products that resonate emotionally with people
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.