Arconic Engineering Technician in Barberton, Ohio
· Repair and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment including; conveyor systems, pumps, piping, pneumatic systems, hydraulic systems, drives and industrial robots.
· Repair and maintain machinery and electrical equipment including; motors, variable frequency drives, soft starts, sensors, PLC's, automation (Fanuc, ABB, Allen Bradley, Seimens, etc.).
· Proficentcy in reading & understanding engineering drawings both electrical and mechanincal.
· Ability to create & edit Fanuc robot programs (Fanuc Karel – R30iA, RJ and RH controllers)
· Ability to create & edit ABB robot programs (Shop floor editor)
· Teach, re-teach and touch up teach robots from teach pendant.
· Maintain production machines and equipment in accordance with diagrams, specifications and operator’s manuals
· Dismantles devices and machines to gain access to and remove defective parts using hoists, hand tools, power tools, and cranes.
· Safely operates floor cranes, lift trucks, man lifts as needed to complete assigned tasks.
· Adheres to Barberton safety programs as part of everyday work.
· High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
o Minimum of one year experience working with mechanical and electrical equipment.
o Minimum of one year experience with robotics (either on the job or in-class training)
Organization: *06301-29508 Prod Support - Engineering
Title: Engineering Technician
Requisition ID: 18002565
Compliance With the Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Laws and Regulations
Arconic reaffirms its policy to provide equal employment opportunity in recruiting, hiring, upgrading and promotion, conditions and privileges of employment, company-sponsored training, access to facilities, educational assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, benefits, transfers, discipline, layoffs, recalls or termination of employment to all employees without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, veteran status, genetic information, sex or age (within statutory limits).
We live our Values and measure our success by the success of our customers, shareholders, communities and people. Arconic’s success is driven by the advantage created by the collective efforts of its employees, and is dependent upon a diverse, inclusive environment that embraces change, new ideas, respect for the individual and fosters an equal opportunity for success. We have zero tolerance for discrimination, intimidation or harassment of any kind.