Arconic Engineering Set-up Technician in Barberton, Ohio
Position Summary : Position will report to CNC Programmer, and assist in cost savings projects, tooling standardization, fixture modifications and improvements, CNC programming and prototypes.
Implement New Tooling and Standardize Existing Tooling
Standardize Fixtures and assist in maintaining inventory for fixturing Manage Trial Tooling – track tooling life, cost / benefit analysis, etc.
Drive Cycle Time Improvements, working with set up team as necessary
Assist with projects related to cost savings as directed by CNC Programmer
Program Revision Control
Backing up Programs
Train Employees on operation of machines as necessary
Lead engineering technicians on shift
Complete Autocad training and utilize for various projects
Complete Mastercam training and utilize for various projects
Minimum five years experience in a high volume CNC machining environment
Minimum two years experience in a machining environment
Minimum two years experience of supervision
Minimum two years experience in machine set up
- Experience troubleshooting machining, tooling and fixturing problems Experience working independently with little supervision
• Lifting : Moderately Heavy - Lift on an occasional basis a maximum of 75 pounds with frequent or constant lifting of 40 pounds.
• Standing : Constantly (greater than 80% of workday)
• Walking : Constantly (greater than 80% of workday)
• Bending and Twisting : Constantly (greater than 80% of workday)
• Temperature Extremes (percent of time working in non-climate controlled, production environment) : Constantly (greater than 80% of workday)
• Noise (percent of time working in noisy, production environment) : Constantly (greater than 80% of workday)
Organization: *06301-29508 Prod Support - Engineering
Title: Engineering Set-up Technician
Requisition ID: 18003527
Compliance With the Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Laws and Regulations
Arconic reaffirms its policy to provide equal employment opportunity in recruiting, hiring, upgrading and promotion, conditions and privileges of employment, company-sponsored training, access to facilities, educational assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, benefits, transfers, discipline, layoffs, recalls or termination of employment to all employees without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, veteran status, genetic information, sex or age (within statutory limits).
We live our Values and measure our success by the success of our customers, shareholders, communities and people. Arconic’s success is driven by the advantage created by the collective efforts of its employees, and is dependent upon a diverse, inclusive environment that embraces change, new ideas, respect for the individual and fosters an equal opportunity for success. We have zero tolerance for discrimination, intimidation or harassment of any kind.