Arconic Engineering Co-Op in Barberton, Ohio
We are seeking highly motivated and energetic students to join our team as Engineering Co-Ops. Join Arconic and join a network of people who are passionate about industry-changing technology that advances the world. You'll have the opportunity to work with leading global companies that operate in world-changing industries - such as aerospace, automotive, building and construction, defense and commercial transportation.
It's not just a job. It's a career and a path to the future. You'll be part of a diverse culture of learning, teaching and mentorship. Arconic is fully committed to developing people: providing employees with the resources, and learning and development opportunities they need to excel and build a career.
Why join us? Your education is just beginning! Our interns have the opportunity to be part of real world business scenarios. Their skills are sharpened as full members of a project team, working alongside leaders in partnership with business unit clients. Interns are assigned projects based on their business unit specifications which will vary depending on location. Some of the highlights as a member of the team are business insights sessions with the Senior Leadership team across the organization, professional development opportunities, and plant tours, and social activities with other interns and colleagues. With over 50 locations across the US, there are opportunities to work in a variety places around the country. Internships typically run from May/June through August.
What are we looking for? We look for interns with:
• Demonstrated outstanding academic achievement
• A strong record of team, project and/or people leadership in a work setting and/or extracurricular activities
• The ability to thrive in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
• Willingness to take initiative to understand the business
• An aptitude for problem solving; strong writing and verbal communication skills
• Previous successful experience as an active member of a team
• A strong commitment to excellence and to personal and professional growth
• Must be resourceful, responsible, tenacious, curious, independent, confident and high energy
• Currently enrolled in an accredited Bachelor’s degree or Master’s Degree program in Mechanical or Electical Engineering, or a related discipline
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
• Relevant internship/work/research experience
Organization: *ARCONIC WHEEL AND TRANSPORTATION PROD
Title: Engineering Co-Op
Requisition ID: 18002521
Compliance With the Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Laws and Regulations
Arconic reaffirms its policy to provide equal employment opportunity in recruiting, hiring, upgrading and promotion, conditions and privileges of employment, company-sponsored training, access to facilities, educational assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, benefits, transfers, discipline, layoffs, recalls or termination of employment to all employees without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, veteran status, genetic information, sex or age (within statutory limits).
We live our Values and measure our success by the success of our customers, shareholders, communities and people. Arconic’s success is driven by the advantage created by the collective efforts of its employees, and is dependent upon a diverse, inclusive environment that embraces change, new ideas, respect for the individual and fosters an equal opportunity for success. We have zero tolerance for discrimination, intimidation or harassment of any kind.