Turner Broadcasting Senior Product Designer, CNN Politics in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title:
Senior Product Designer, CNN Politics
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Posting Job Description:
The Turner Story
This is our story We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
The CNN Digital Product Design team is changing the way journalists tell stories and connects hundreds of millions of people to the news and information they care about most across the entire ecosystem of consumers' digital devices.
As a member of the CNN Politics product design team you'll drive design from early-stage feature discovery through usability testing, final delivery, and launch. You'll work in a collaborative, cross-functional environment with product management, engineering, editorial, and research teams to create innovative, feature-rich election data-based experiences at scale. Comfort working in a lean/agile workflow and a relentless focus on collaborating with product and engineering teams to develop use-cases and high-level requirements will be required.
- Utilize user-centered research, discovery and design methodologies to define and visualize product-related hypotheses and recommendations
Facilitate workshops, elicit ideas, build shared understanding, and reinforce the development of use cases and high-level requirements
Create storyboards, user flows, and wireframes to effectively conceptualize and thoroughly communicate detailed user behaviors Conduct light usability research and synthesize feedback into iterative design enhancements
Analyze user interface problems and prototype design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements Work within and contribute to a component-based visual design system, delivering meticulous, high-fidelity design deliverables to development teams
Support editorial and event-driven initiatives, with requirement to cover election events and participate in digital election rehearsal data simulations The Essentials
7+ years experience as a user-experience designer in an Agile-driven product environment
- Bachelor's degree in design, user experience, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
- A portfolio demonstrating strong visual and UX design solutions to real-world business cases Knowledge/mastery of best-practices of information architecture, usability principles and testing techniques
- Experience with editorial design, data visualization and/or map-based interaction design preferred
- Strong interest in politics and political news a plus
- Excellent communication, facilitation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to break down complex problems and clearly communicate with diverse, multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to work pro-actively and efficiently in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
Proficiency in a variety of digital product design/prototyping tools, including Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InVision, and Abstract The Perks
Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Area of Interest:
Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, Games – Development & Publishing, Online Content/Services
- Turner Broadcasting Jobs