St. Joseph Health Physical Therapist- Part Time in Anaheim, California
Job Summary: The physical therapist assists the physician in evaluating the patient’s level of function, develops and updates the plan of care and provides treatment as ordered by the attending physician.
Essential Values-Based Competencies: Demonstrates values-based competencies in line with the four core values that are the foundation of all activities performed by employees in order to achieve the Mission of the St. Joseph Health System:
Dignity: Demonstrates competence in communication and interpersonal relations.
Excellence: Demonstrates competence in continuous improvement, continuous learning, accountability, and teamwork.
Service: Demonstrates competence in customer/patient focus and adaptability.
Justice: Demonstrates competence in community orientation and stewardship.
• Completes all assessments/evaluations, including OASIS if necessary, at specific time-points as defined by regulation and agency policy, accurately and timely.
• Develops a plan of care in collaboration with the patient, family/caregiver and physician including frequency and duration of therapy visits, specific treatments, appropriate goals, other disciplines needed and discharge plan.
• Performs and documents physical therapy interventions including patient education according to the Plan of Care and adapts these actions as patient needs change, ensuring optimal outcomes.
• Documents patient status in an accurate, timely and concise manner by use of EHR in patient home at the time of visit and synchronizes by 10:00AM the following day.
• Communicates changes in the patient status, patient issues and concerns and changes in orders to the physician and the Clinical/Rehab Manager.
• Designs and instructs a patient specific home exercise programs to patients, families and caregivers recommending and providing assistive equipment, as needed.
• Contributes to patient case conferences an indicated, in order to provide an interdisciplinary approach to the patient's care.
• Practices infection control and universal precautions for self and others in patient care activities.
• Advocate for quality patient outcomes communicating with authorization nurses and community vendors timely.
• Maintains patient rights and dignity.
• Enhances professional development through participation in educational programs, current literature, inservice meetings and workshops.
• Annually completes Compliance Education and understands applicable policies.
• Meets the productivity standards of the organization
• Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
• Possesses knowledge of Medicare/Medical and insurance standards to ensure
reimbursement for all services rendered.
• Adheres to California Licensing Regulations for Home Health and performs duties within the Physical Therapy Scope of Practice and APTA guidelines.
• Conforms to all applicable Agency policies and procedures.
• Participates actively in continuing education and in-services.
• Assumes responsibility for reporting incidents and complaints according to Agency policy.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
• Ability to prioritize and critically think.
• Understanding of computer software and can easily adapt to computer programs.
• Organizational skills
• Ability to follow Agency's policies and applicable laws
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints, regulatory agencies or members of the business community
• Time management
• Flexibility to adapt to new and changing situations; participates as a team player to support the team and Agency needs.
• Demonstrates Values based customer service skills
• Adheres to and maintains HIPAA standards
• Cooperates fully in risk management activities and investigations.
• Is knowledgeable of, observes and complies with Home Health Network Codes of Safe Practice, safety policies and emergency procedures.
• Participates in weekend, on-call and holiday rotation
Minimum Position Qualifications:
• Education: Masters of Physical Therapy and/or a Doctorate of Physical Therapy based on graduating year.
• License/Certification: California licensure; Basic Life Support certifcation; current California driver's license and proof of auto liability insurance.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
• Home Health experience.
• One year in experience as a Physical Therapist.
• Knowledge of proper procedures for handling exposure to communicable diseases and blood borne
• Knowledge of the proper technique to handle exposure to hazardous material.
Physical Requirements: Defined on the attached Physical Demand Analysis.
Since 1988, St. Joseph Health, Home Care Services has been a trusted leader in home health, hospice and infusion pharmacy, helping clients throughout Orange County, Los Angeles County and the Inland Empire receive the quality care they need in the comfort of their home. A member of the St. Joseph Hoag Health alliance, St. Joseph Health, Home Care Services is guided by our core values of excellence, service, dignity and justice in everything we do. With over 700 caring employees, we are dedicated to restoring the health and well-being of clients and families at all stages of life’s journey.St. Joseph Health, Home Care Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Health, Home Care Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Company: SJH Home Health Network