St. Joseph Health Occupational Therapist- Part Time in Anaheim, California
Job Summary: The Occupational Therapist evaluates ability of the patient to perform daily living skills safely in the home, develops a plan of care with physician orders to improve or restore functional daily living skills, minimize disability, perform and train in treatments to improve ADL/IADLs, application or training in the use of orthotic devices, and environmental modifications.
Essential Values-Based Competencies: Demonstrates values-based competencies in line with the four core values that are the foundation of all activities performed by employees in order to achieve the Mission of the St. Joseph Health System:
Dignity: Demonstrates competence in communication and interpersonal relations.
Excellence: Demonstrates competence in continuous improvement, continuous learning, accountability, and teamwork.
Service: Demonstrates competence in customer/patient focus and adaptability.
Justice: Demonstrates competence in community orientation and stewardship.
• Completes a comprehensive assessment/evaluation of the patients’ functional daily living skills, safety and effectiveness of the patients’ environment at specific time-points as defined by regulation and agency policy, accurately and timely. May do OASIS, if indicated.
• Creates a plan of care including specific orders, diagnosis, goals, discharge plans and projection of visits in consultation with the physician.
• Documents the complete assessment and plan of care in the EHR documents and synchronizes by 10:00AM the following day.
• Performs occupational therapy interventions, treatments and patient education according to the Plan of Care, evaluates outcomes and reassess patient’s functional needs and adjusts plan of care as necessary.
• Designs home exercise program, instructing patients, families and care givers in home exercise program; recommending and providing assistive equipment, as needed.
• Practices infection control and universal precautions for self and others in patient care activities.
• Advocates for quality patient outcomes communicating with authorization nurse and community vendors in a timely manner.
• Contributes to patient care conferences in order to provide an interdisciplinary approach to the patient's care.
• Maintains patient rights and dignity.
• Annually completes Compliance Education and understands applicable policies.
• Meets the productivity standards of the organization.
• Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
• Possesses knowledge of Medicare/Medical and insurance standards to ensure
reimbursement for all services rendered.
• Adheres to California Licensing Regulations for Home Health and performs duties within the
Occupational Therapy Scope of Practice.
• Conforms to all applicable Agency policies and procedures.
• Participates actively in continuing education and in-services.
• Assumes responsibility for reporting incidents and complaints according to Agency policy.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
• Ability to prioritize and critically think..
• Understanding of computer software and can easily adapt to computer programs.
• Organizational skills.
• Ability to follow Agency's policies and applicable laws
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints, regulatory agencies or members of the business community
• Time management
• Flexibility to adapt to new and changing situations; participates as a team player to support the team and Agency needs.
• Demonstrate Values based customer service skills
• Adheres to and maintains HIPAA standards.
• Cooperates fully in risk management activities and investigations.
• Is knowledgeable of, observes and complies with Home Health Network Codes of Safe Practice, safety policies and emergency procedures.
Additional Requirements (optional):
Participate in weekend, on-call and holiday rotation
Minimum Position Qualifications:
• Education: Completes necessary education to attain OT Licensure in state of California.
• License / Certification: Current Occupational Therapy license; Basic Life Support certification; California driver's license and proof of current auto liability insurance.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
• Home Health Experience
• One year experience as an Occupational Therapist.
• Knowledge of proper procedures for handling exposure to communicable diseases and blood borne pathogens.
• Knowledge of the proper technique to handle exposure to hazardous material.
Physical Requirements: Defined on the attached Physical Demand Analysis.
Since 1988, St. Joseph Health, Home Care Services has been a trusted leader in home health, hospice and infusion pharmacy, helping clients throughout Orange County, Los Angeles County and the Inland Empire receive the quality care they need in the comfort of their home. A member of the St. Joseph Hoag Health alliance, St. Joseph Health, Home Care Services is guided by our core values of excellence, service, dignity and justice in everything we do. With over 700 caring employees, we are dedicated to restoring the health and well-being of clients and families at all stages of life’s journey.St. Joseph Health, Home Care Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Health, Home Care Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Company: SJH Home Health Network