St. Joseph Health LVN Intake Assessment- Full Time in Anaheim, California
Job Summary: An Intake assessment Nurse LVN is a LVN with home health experience whose primary responsibility is to accept referrals from a variety of resources via phone and fax.
Essential Values-Based Competencies: Demonstrates values-based competencies in line with the four core values that are the foundation of all activities performed by employees in order to achieve the Mission of the St. Joseph Health System.
Dignity: Demonstrates competence in communication and interpersonal relations.
Excellence: Demonstrates competence in continuous improvement, continuous learning, accountability, and teamwork.
Service: Demonstrates competence in customer/patient focus and adaptability.
Justice: Demonstrates competence in community orientation and stewardship.
• Prioritizes daily referrals in order to guarantee timely patient admission.
• Answers telephone calls promptly and courteously.
• Checks and follows up on ECIN and iNEXX referrals on a daily basis.
• Scans referral information into All Docs
• Accurately transcribes medical and insurance information from faxed documentation and phone referrals.
• Verifies and obtains orders from physician.
• Ascertains if insurance is contracted with SJHH in order to assure appropriate financial reimbursement.
• Interfaces with the Insurance Verification Specialist as needed.
• Communicates with Clinical Manager and Service Coordinator to assure coordination of services.
• Keeps Pharmacy Department informed of upcoming referrals and faxes them the final hardcopies.
• Applies Medicare and State Regulations pertaining to home health when accepting a referral in order to be compliant with said regulations.
• Annually completes Compliance Education and understands applicable policies.
• Verifying signing physician information and documenting in EMR.
• Assist with orientation of new personnel to department as well as orientees to other departments as to the referral process.
• Reviews the expired physician license list and obtains updated licenses from the Internet.
• Completes compliance education and understands all applicable policies.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Excellent communications skills required
• Excellent customer service skills required
• Mandatory interpersonal and communication skills
• Good organizational skills
• Knowledge of computers
• Knowledge of home health compliance issues, payer coverage requirements related to eligibility for services
• Human development knowledge/skills: Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served including knowledge of the principles of growth and development and psychosocial characteristics and interventions for age specific requirement of the assigned patients.
• Age-specific patient needs that employee is required to understand and meet: Demonstrates the ability to report (LVN), assess (RN) and interpret (RN) age appropriate data about the patient’s status in order to identify age-specific needs and provide the care needed.
• Additional requirements: Demonstrates age appropriate communication skills for the patient population served. Demonstrates knowledge of age-specific community resources.
• Treats all information and data within the scope of the position with complete confidentiality and security.
• Cooperates fully in all risk management activities and investigations.
• Is knowledgeable of, observes and complies with Home Health Network Codes of Safe Practice, safety policies and emergency procedures.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
• Education: Completes necessary education to attain LVN Licensure in state of California.
• Experience: 1 year acute care, 1 year in home health
• License / Certification: Current LVN California License
Preferred Position Qualifications:
• One year home health experience
• Knowledge of home health referral process
• Office environment
• Knowledge of proper procedures for handling exposure to communicable diseases and blood borne pathogens.
• Knowledge of the proper technique to handle exposure to hazardous material.
Physical Requirements: Defined on the attached Physical Demand Analysis.
Since 1988, St. Joseph Health, Home Care Services has been a trusted leader in home health, hospice and infusion pharmacy, helping clients throughout Orange County, Los Angeles County and the Inland Empire receive the quality care they need in the comfort of their home. A member of the St. Joseph Hoag Health alliance, St. Joseph Health, Home Care Services is guided by our core values of excellence, service, dignity and justice in everything we do. With over 700 caring employees, we are dedicated to restoring the health and well-being of clients and families at all stages of life’s journey.St. Joseph Health, Home Care Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Health, Home Care Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Company: SJH Home Health Network