St. Joseph Health Business Coordinator in Anaheim, California
Job Summary: Responsible for providing a broad range of administrative and clerical support to Core Leader and Department. Handles confidential and complex information, makes administrative decisions and takes action based on the knowledge and scope of the position, organization and its policies, procedures and personnel. The Business Coordinator may be assigned to a specific program or project and require specialized background or knowledge relevant to assignment or Department.
Essential Values-Based, Competencies: Demonstrates values-based competencies in line with the four core values that are the foundation of all activities performed by employees in order to achieve the Mission of the St. Joseph Health System.
Dignity: Demonstrates competence in communication and interpersonal relations.
Excellence: Demonstrates competence in continuous improvement, continuous learning, accountability, and teamwork.
Service: Demonstrates competence in customer/patient focus and adaptability.
Justice: Demonstrates competence in community orientation and stewardship.
As defined on the attached Values-Based Competency Model Form.
• Completes special projects or research as requested, working independently with minimal guidance or direction.
• Performs administrative duties for the Core Leader/Department. Tasks include, but are not limited to, handling telephone calls and visitors, maintaining filing systems (both paper and electronic), querying online data bases, distributing mail, scheduling appointments, arranging conference calls, ordering supplies, reconciling invoices, answering routine correspondence, and coordinating volunteer tasks. Handle incoming faxes, calls regarding additional information needed to complete projects, and general inquiries and route to appropriate staff
• Acts as key representative for Core Leader and triages calls and requests from external vendors and departments in other ministries handling confidential/complex information appropriately.
• Utilizes various Windows based software applications to create correspondence based on regulatory and/or business requirements, presentations, spreadsheets and meeting materials
• Assists Core Leader in tracking and analyzing data, obtaining department documentation, and compiling and distributing reports and documentation. Examples of areas for which the business coordinator would have primary responsibility include date stamping incoming documents into the department
• Implements office procedures related to coordination of interoffice communication, records and systems. Coordinates and manages shared computer files, tools, forms and presentations. Maintains office equipment (e.g., printer, copier, fax machine).
• Business Licenses, Certificates of Occupancy and Certificates of Insurance
o Work with sites and municipalities to secure Business Licenses (BL) and Certificates of Occupancy (COO).
o Manage the renewals of Business Licenses (BL) and Certificates of Occupancy (COO).
• Business Agreements/Contracts/Leases
o Review proposals for changes in contract terms and renewals.
o Analyze contract terms to determine obligations of both parties, including cost estimates based on contract terms.
• Process Improvement / Change Management
o Lead design sessions in prototyping new processes for the purpose of enhancing performance, operations, information process flow and achieving cost savings.
• Project Administration
o Collect and analyze the project’s business requirements and transfer the same knowledge to deployment team.
Specific Knowledge / Skills / Abilities: Familiarity with accounting, facilities and business concepts in a healthcare environment.
• Demonstrates age appropriate communication skills for the population served.
• Treats all information and data within the scope of the position with complete confidentiality and security. Need to maintain all practices to protect PHI and follow HIPAA guidelines.
• Cooperates fully in all risk management activities and investigations.
• Is knowledgeable of, observes and complies with Codes of Safe Practice, safety policies and emergency procedures.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Minimum of 1-2 years directly related experience
Computer Skills: Must be proficient with Microsoft windows operating environment.
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
• Ability to work independently and systematically perform a variety of tasks and responsibilities while remaining flexibility and refocusing priorities as necessary.
• Record of accepting responsibility for problem solving and demonstrated ability to implement solution at the point of service.
• Experience handling confidential information.
• Knowledge of Windows-based software applications including, but not limited to Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment (copier, fax, personal computer & printer)
• Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures and systems.
• Ability to prioritize work with a strong sense of accountability and ability to meet deadlines
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience within healthcare industry.
Experience: Minimum of 4 years’ experience within the healthcare industry. Bilingual skills in either English/Spanish or English/Vietnamese.
Computer Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products, with advanced level understanding of Excel, Word and Outlook and intermediate level knowledge of both Access and PowerPoint.
Environnemental Conditions: Minimal risk of exposure to health hazards when in patient care areas of clinics, or interacting with those doing direct patient care.
Physical Requirements: Sitting for long periods of time, bending, reaching, climbing, stooping, kneeling, pushing/pulling, lifting/carrying up to 20 lbs., and grasping. Normal hearing and vision.
St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) is one of California's most respected medical groups. With over 3,000 employees and 75 locations throughout California, including, Northern California, Orange County, High Desert and Los Angeles County, SJHH has been continually recognized as a leader in quality, customer service and information technology. This kind of success is the result of team work, a commitment to excellence and a strong adherence to the organization's mission, vision and values.St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Company: Heritage Healthcare