Sandia National Laboratories R&D Software Developer/Programmer for Z Machine (Early/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Are you passionate about your work and dream of utilizing state-of-the-art facilities to explore solutions? Do you want to join a dynamic team that helps tackle some the most challenging issues facing our nation's security?
You could be the motivated and customer-oriented software engineer / computer scientist we are seeking to join our dynamic team. You will develop application solutions to support collaboration and productivity across Sandia’s Z Machine facility and provide software development support to various web applications.
On any given day you may be called on to:
- Build, deploy, and support web-based applications using proven software engineering processes, configuration management, and web protocols
- Design, build, debug, and deploy RESTful web services
Are you ready for your next challenge? Join our team and achieve your dreams while making a difference.
- You will have Bachelor’s in a relevant STEM discipline plus 4 years’ experience; OR a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in relevant STEM discipline
- Your background will include Experience with web programming and software development using C#
- Experience in Relational Database Management Systems
- Solid understanding of .NET
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Q clearance
- Familiarity with DevOps deployments
- Self-motivated with strong teaming and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Department 01671, Z Mission Assurance, Execution, and Analytics, is a diverse, interdisciplinary team dedicated to ensuring the operational readiness, execution, and system-level analysis for High Energy Density Physics (HEDP) campaigns at Sandia National Laboratories’ Z Machine. By creating advanced software solutions, Department 01671 collaborates across Center 01600 to enhance organizational knowledge and productivity at the complex multi-stakeholder Z facility.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.