Sandia National Laboratories Engineering Support Technologist (Early/Mid-Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a Engineering Support Technologist
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Provide support to multiple product realization teams on the Lithium Primary Power Assembly products.
- Expect to work on prototype assemblies, battery testing, soldering, and assembling Mark Quality products.
- Work closely with the engineers you will develop detailed work instructions, documentation related to builds, and help communicate status of projects to various internal stakeholders.
- Associates degree in a relevant discipline
- Experience working with Lithium Primary or other similar technologies
- Experience with reading and building mechanical and electrical assemblies
- Soldering experience
- Active US DOE Q security clearance
- Mark Quality manufacturing experience
- Work on Product Realization Teams working on ND products
- Maccor or Arbin Testers
The Power Source Components Department has two major tasks. The first is the production of batteries for the Concurrent Design and Manufacturing program for which our engineers oversee the production of thermal, silver zinc, and other batteries at selected vendors in the U.S. These batteries must meet stringent quality control requirements as well as rigorous test requirements in order to be shipped for use on DP programs. Our second task includes the design, development, assembly and maintenance of various testers for the Power Source Technology Group's components and other products. We carry out tests not only for our DP customer but also for WFO and other customers as well.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level security clearance to start.
Position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level security clearance or active clearance with another U.S. government agency (e.g., DOD) to be considered for this position.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.